Main Navigation

User login

Navigation

Who's online

There are currently 0 users and 11 guests online.

HOW TO: Brickmodder - About the new light bricks in the exo-force sets

by Recluce (Tips, Techniques & Questions)

A question was posted over at Classic Castle about the new light bricks in the Exo-force sets.  Have you seen them yet?  I'm wondering what their mod-ability is.

1.  I'd love to have other colors.  Can the LED be switched?

2.  Can we get to the battery to change it?

3.  Can it be modded to either constant-on, or an on/off switch?

Emily J. Brownlow

MCN Supervisor Moderator

Leader of the Sneaky Forum Ninja Assasination Squad

~Custom Cast Helmets and Hairpieces~

by adfedamine on Thu, 01/05/2006 - 10:26

Yay! I was hoping this topic would come up.

Well about that changing (if I were you I would get others advice before trying it) the light I think you can, but it will take a magnifer to see the led light, and a steady hand to hold the light.

I have 4 new sets with led lights, but how usefull is red (besides a fountain of blood for a ultra-evil-villion). Also it might be hard to take it apart to get to the light / battery.

(\__/)
 (='.'=)
('')_('') Copy and paste him on your signature, and help bunny. 10011101000110 and then there was 2 thus screwing binary code forever.

by Shadowviking on Fri, 01/06/2006 - 12:52
Adfedamine, you have 4 new sets already!? Lucky! Ahemm... Anyway. Yes i was wondering about that also.

Flickr
A Huge thanks to Vidgamer838
for the avvy!
by Brickmodder on Sat, 01/07/2006 - 18:56

As soon as my local Walmart gets some of these sets (will they?), I'll be mutilating at least one for the benefit of "science".  I'll keep you guys posted.

Brickmodder
http://www.brickmodder.net

by Recluce on Mon, 01/09/2006 - 09:02
Brickmodder wrote:

As soon as my local Walmart gets some of these sets (will they?), I'll be mutilating at least one for the benefit of "science".  I'll keep you guys posted.

If your wally world is like mine it wont have anything but megablocks and bionicle.  I'd suggest getting a few from brick link.  Or, I can get some fromt he lego store here for you since I know they have them.

Emily J. Brownlow

MCN Supervisor Moderator

by Brickmodder on Wed, 01/11/2006 - 20:21

Actually, WalMall came through for me today!  I bought two sets.  Then I hurried home and made my first (and second)tutorial:

http://www.minifigcustomizationnetwork.com/howto/1382

Enjoy! :)

Brickmodder
http://www.brickmodder.net

by Recluce on Fri, 01/13/2006 - 11:04
Thank you so much Brickmodder!  You're awesome!  I am going to have to try out at least changing the colors.  Where is a good place to get these LEDs?  Radio shack?  Hobby shop?

Emily J. Brownlow

MCN Supervisor Moderator

by l33tone on Fri, 01/13/2006 - 11:56
woo....My wal-mart finally has exo-force.....I bought two sets and when i came back the next day they only had the gate attack and the plane.....

My website~Here
My Brickshelf~Here

by Legofreak on Thu, 01/26/2006 - 17:04

Brickmodder you rock. I dont think i am ready to try the advanced one, but I am switching out that light to yellow tonight :-D

boo yah! - you da man.

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

~MCN Moderator: WIP, Decal & Customizing Chat ~

by adfedamine on Fri, 01/27/2006 - 16:15
I got my sets tru (toys r us). cause "Wally" lego selection SUX.

(\__/)
 (='.'=)
('')_('') Copy and paste him on your signature, and help bunny. 10011101000110 and then there was 2 thus screwing binary code forever.

by samri8524163 on Fri, 01/27/2006 - 22:16

The Exo-force sets came out already?!!!  Sweet!!!  They have LED's, since when?!!!!  Just joking!

Says samri8524163......looky looky: Flickr Gallery